Thursday 29 June 2017

Solitude and peace





Time is a strange thing. It changes everything. Our preferences, our thoughts, our bodies, our feelings, our realities. They say that our taste changes every couple of years, and our body cells replace themselves at different rates. Both physically and mentally we are a different person after a while and it is a great wonder to me how people can ever be 100 per cent certain of their choices.

I'm at all certain of living in Norway for example. I do enjoy it a lot and for the time being I do want to live here. But when people ask me: ''So have you decided to live in Norway for ever? ''. I'm lost, thinking how crazy one must be to answer with any certainty this question, before I end up answering to a different question:'' I like living here! ''.

Lately I feel I am on the verge of a great change. I have been pregnant in this for some three or so years now.  I have had a denial time, a fighting time, a numbing time, or incubation period if you want, and now I'm running a calm period with the certainly of the new era right in front of me and for a change (yeah I know cheesy pun) welcoming change. I have no idea where I'll end up. Hopefully home. And that has far more to do with the state of our mind than the actual place we live.


No comments: